Wednesday, September 3, 2008

151 kph / 93.82 mph with Tamiya TA-05

Finally got something makes me happy, and satisfied. I went to run my car, and I got 151kph/93.82mph on my radar. The weather was wet, and the street is very good, and clean, but sloppy (this is one of the reason explains why my car's speed is 93 and not more).

My car is Tamiya TA-05 4WD belt drive with the following setup:
ESC: Mamba Max
Motor: Mamba CMS-7700
Battery: Flight Power 4s lipo
Servo: Futaba S3050
Internal gear ratio: 2:1
Spur gear: 75T
Pinion gear: 30T
Total gear ratio: 5:1
Body: HPI Corvette (modified, wings are added)

Now it's Neu turn to break 200kph :)



2 comments:

Jow's Blog said...

Could you list the parts you used. I have been looking to make my TA-05 faster.

Internal gear ratio: 2:1
Spur gear: 75T
Pinion gear: 30T
Total gear ratio: 5:1

Thanks in advance.

vega said...

For the internal gears go to rcmart.com and find a replacement parts for ta-05. there is an item that contains 3 different sizes of pulley gears.

and regarding the spur and pinion gears you can find them at any rc website. their size are 48 pitch.